Colorado Floods: How to Help
Find Out how you can help people whose homes and families have been affected by the floods in Colorado. The Colorado Office of Emergency Management says close to 19,000 homes have been damaged or destroyed.
Watch the videos from organizations providing relief in our gallery, to the left.
Support these organizations in their efforts
- American Red Cross, Colorado Chapter - the American Red Cross serves the residents of Colorado through five chapters and hundreds of local, community-based volunteers.
- HelpColoradoNow.net - a partnership between the Colorado Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management (DHSEM) and Colorado Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (COVOAD). This initiative brings together government agencies and non-profit organizations so they may better assist communities affected by disasters
- Foothills United Way - has established the ‘Foothills Flood Relief Fund’ in response to the impact of the severe flooding across Boulder and Broomfield counties. The funds raised through this effort will be used toward health and human services for those affected by the flooding in Boulder and Broomfield counties. FInd Volunteer Opportunities here. The Weld County United Way is also providing short-term shelter and relief, and donations are being accepted by the Larimer County Long-Term Recovery Fund to help displaced individuals and families on the long road ahead to stability.
- All Hands Volunteers - Early donations to All Hands will help to evaluate and ramp up capacity to respond as they continue to assess damaged areas and the scope of need.You can also make a $10 donation by texting RESPOND to 80088. Press “1” to confirm your donation, or register your interest as a volunteer.
- Boulder Humane Society - is available to accept animals needing shelter from evacuated areas of Boulder County. For an emergency or immediate assistance please contact Animal Care and Control directly at (303) 441-3333. They are not currently in need of volunteers or supplies, but could use financial donations. Donate here. Also providing assistance is the Larimer County Humane Society.
- Serve 6.8 - has partnered with the Red Cross, Salvation Army, and Larimer County Sheriff's Dept. to provide relief for the victims of the Northern Colorado Floods, and is preparing to lead Northern Colorado in the long-term relief efforts of clean up and rebuilding Contribute to their online fundraiser.
Share this gallery.